Hormone Doctor in Gaithersburg, Rockville, and Takoma Park, MD
Proper functioning of hormones is very important for the overall health of a person. If you are living with hormonal imbalance, then visit us at Just Lose Weight MD. Our hormone doctor will treat your hormonal imbalance. We have convenient locations to serve you. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Hormones are substances produced in the body that are responsible for regulating many functions, including growth, development, and reproduction. They are also responsible for regulating a variety of other bodily processes, such as blood pressure and digestion. Hormones and the endocrine system are incredibly intricate and complex; problems with this system require the knowledge and expertise of a specialist in order to be effectively treated and managed. A hormone doctor is a healthcare provider who specializes in understanding and treating hormone imbalances in the body. Hormone imbalances, also known as hormone dysfunctions, are conditions where the body is not producing enough or is producing too much, of one or more of the body’s hormones.
Hormone imbalances affect people in a variety of ways; the symptoms a person experience depends on the type of hormonal imbalance, as well as its severity. Common hormonal imbalance symptoms include:
• Fatigue — One of the most common symptoms associated with hormone imbalance is fatigue or an overall reduction in energy levels.
• Weight Gain or Difficulty Losing Weight — When the body’s hormone levels are out of balance, it cannot function properly, which often translates to gaining weight or difficulty losing weight.
• Trouble Sleeping — Another common symptom of hormonal imbalance is sleeping problems. This can add to daytime fatigue and can also lead to more hormonal problems due to improper regulation.
• Digestive Issues — Once we realize that there are more neurotransmitters in the gut than there are in the brain, it should be no surprise that hormonal imbalances are sometimes accompanied by digestive symptoms. A hormone imbalance can impact the population and function of the bacteria in the gut because hormones influence gut function through the microbiome and bacterial system in the intestines.
• Skin and Hair Changes — Alterations to the skin, such as acne, and hair, such as hair loss, are other common symptom of hormonal imbalance.
Other symptoms include:
• Low sex drive
• Muscle weakness and joint pain
• Changes in blood pressure
• Puffy, swollen, or rounded face
It is a good idea to get a hormone level check when experiencing symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, such as the ones discussed in the question above. If any of these symptoms are disrupting day-to-day life or make it difficult to perform everyday activities, it is imperative to receive a hormone level examination as soon as possible.
There are several ways to fix a hormonal imbalance, the most common include lifestyle modifications, such as dietary changes, and hormone replacement therapy, to regulate levels of certain hormones. Hormone replacement therapy is one of the most effective treatments for the amelioration of hormonal issues and is used in many different situations, including for the reduction of menopause and andropause symptoms.
Yes, it is possible to balance hormones naturally, without the use of any medical treatments or therapies. This can be achieved by eating the right foods and exercising regularly, as well as getting enough sleep. Because this looks different for everyone, the only way to determine the best foods to eat, the right amount (and types) of exercises to do, and the number of hours of sleep to get each night is by receiving a professional consultation from a hormone doctor.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, trust the professionals at Just Lose Weight to help you find relief. Call us today or book an appointment with our hormone doctor, or visit one of our three locations; we have one in Gaithersburg, MD; Takoma Park, MD; and Rockville, MD (North Bethesda). We serve patients from Gaithersburg MD, Takoma Park MD, Rockville, MD, Germantown MD, Frederick MD, Silver Spring MD, Colesville MD, Potomac MD, Clarksburg MD, Bethesda MD, and College Park MD. We look forward to serving you!