Tips: How to Help a Loved One Battle the Bulge
If you want to help your loved one to get a desired weight then contact Just Lose Weight MD, where our professionals are ready to help you. For more information, please call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from Gaithersburg MD, Takoma Park MD, North Bethesda MD, Rockville MD, Germantown MD, Frederick MD, Silver Spring MD, Colesville MD, Potomac MD, Clarksburg MD, Bethesda MD, and College Park MD.
We all have that one person in our lives who is struggling with weight issues. Whether they tell you about it or not, you can just see the manifestations of health consequences due to the extra unhealthy weight. Yet, if we love this person, we would really want them to shed off those extra pounds.
How do we motivate our loved ones to lose weight without sounding offensive? As a provider of programs for Medical Weight Loss in Maryland, we understand your dilemma. So we would like to share some tips that we hope can be of help to you.
- Cheer for Them The main ingredient of discouragement is highlighting the faults of a person. For someone who is trying to lose weight, it can be a real struggle to bring up the parts where they have failed. So instead of reminding them to lose weight, cheer their efforts of doing so or in trying to get fit.
- Participate in their Programs If your loved one is following a Weight Loss Program, find a way to be actively participating in it. For instance, if it involves exercising at a certain level, join them. If they have dietary changes, try the same food they’re eating. These little gestures of support are great motivators indeed.
- Celebrate Small Victories Another way you can inspire your loved one’s weight loss goals is to celebrate even the minor adjustments. However, ensure that the celebration will not affect their health goals. For instance, after completing a daily exercise routine for one whole week, treat them to a movie night or buy their favorite book as a reward.
- Listen to their Woes The process of losing weight is not all glitz and glamour. There are also down moments that can be very frustrating for your loved one. During these times, be there to listen. Avoid judging their reasons or experiences and just listen. There is more relief in knowing that someone is ready to hear you out no matter what happens.
- Support the Healthy Lifestyle So, if your family member is in the beginning stages of their weight loss goals, encourage them to supplement it with a healthy lifestyle. You can also back them up by buying healthy food items for them, exercising with them, or finding more exciting ways to stay healthy.
- Believe in Them It is empowering for anybody to know that someone believes in them. Losing weight can be a very uphill battle. So when someone close to us tells us that they believe we can do it, we will be even more motivated to keep going. It is also the same for your loved one.
As a Physician Wellness Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland, we are here to help you out in attaining your goals of reaching a healthy weight. At Just Lose Weight MD, we have a health care team who can help you create a plan in achieving this goal. Contact us if you’re interested.